What’s the difference between a valuation and a survey?
- A property valuation is a simple report that advises on the market value of the property. Not to be confused with a marketing appraisal provided by an estate agent to advise on the asking price and likely sale price. A professional valuation is provided by a qualified surveyor (RICS registered valuer) who will take account of the overall general market conditions and state relevant comparable evidence to arrive at their professional opinion. This is the same as a valuation commissioned by a lender for a mortgage offer. However, it will only mention any defects that will significantly affect the property value.
- A survey is normally commissioned by the buyer of the property. A RICS qualified Surveyor will conduct a thorough examination of the property and produce a written report for the purchaser which will contain detailed information about the value and condition of the property, often in addition to environmental and other concerns.
Which valuation or survey do I need?
Why not contact us to discuss your requirements? We will provide a quotation for all our valuation and surveying services:
- Energy Performance Certificates
- HomeBuyer Report
- Building Surveys
- Schedules of Condition
- Schedules of Dilapidation
- Expert witness
- Professional services
We are able to undertake valuations of residential, commercial, land and agricultural properties for all purposes, including:
- Purchase of property
- Sale of property
- Probate and Inheritance Tax
- Development and Land Appraisals
- Planning permission
- Succession planning
- Charities – disposal and purchase reports
- Tax planning purposes
- Capital Gains Tax
- Pension Funds
- Insurance reinstatement
- Matrimonial and litigation
- Expert witness reports
Valuation & survey peace of mind
All valuation reports are carried out by RICS qualified Surveyors, who will provide reports tailored to your specific needs, prepared in accordance with the current RICS Professional Standards.
Alasdair Morrison Chartered Surveyors only employ RICS qualified surveyors who are also members of the RICS Valuer Registration Scheme.
valuation & survey